Lee Seung Gi

Lee Seung Gi

Thursday 19 April 2012

God Won't Give You More Than You Can Handle

During my childhood days, pain and suffering were total strangers to me as things went well for my family. I had everything a normal family would want.

However, during the past years, so many things were going on and sometimes I just wonder how long I could hold. Many times, when people found out that I am an only child of the family, they would simple comment how fortunate I am to get love and attention from both parents. They never seem to realize that we are the sole bread winner and how tough it can be for us when tough times strikes. The stress and burden that we have to bear and experience through without anybody to share it with is torturing and depressing.

There was one night I was on the way home in a cab and I was chatting with the driver; he told me something that struck me when we were along the highway. He said, "Look at each and every windows on the HDB flats, every window has a story to tell. So take heart dear girl, you will be fine." And he reminded me what I use to tell and comfort friends of mine, "Sometimes you may think that you are going through a very tough time, but there are also many people out there who are struggling much more than you."

'God will never give you more than you can handle' - 2 Corinthians 1:8-9"For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself... But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead."

I haven't been going to church for Sunday services for a month now due to my busy schedule, and I guess this is God's way of calling me to go back and visit Him.

I miss 'Paul The Musical' days. Being part of the crew for this musical, these were the times where I was closest to God and His teachings.
SPOT ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment