Lee Seung Gi

Lee Seung Gi

Thursday 12 April 2012

I love the ice


My poor beloved 7th pair of skates! This is its 10th year with me, how amazing is that! Its name is 'Puffy'.

I bought Puffy back in the year 2002, when I was in Secondary 1. It has been with me through many ups and downs; and traveled with me to various countries such as Thailand and Malaysia for competitions. Puffy was an expensive pair which cost about SGD$1000+. I can't remember the exact amount.

During the past few weeks, I started going back on ice with Puffy. It was so dangerous as the screws were dropping off one by one. Just a few days ago, I brought Puffy for a ride with me at the new Olympic ice rink in JCube, located in Jurong East. The wood that was splitting off the white part of the boots got worst. Hence, as you can see in the picture above, hockey tapes were used to wrap round the tip of the boot to close the gap or else I wouldn't have been able to skate that day.

Nonetheless, I bought a new pair of skates, an SP Teri. Gosh! My 8th pair after 16 years of skating!!! Thank God I only bought the boots, as my blades are still in perfect condition or else it is going to cost me a bomb again. I can't wait for the new pair to arrive even though I am gonna miss Puffy.

What should I name my new SP Teri skates? Suggestions?

Goodnight world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment